July 02, 2015
There's quite a bit involved in planning an event. Here is a top 10 list of the basic steps you’ll need to follow when developing an event. Much of your planning will depend on the type of event you are holding, but we hope the following provides a starting point for your event planning.
- Define the Scope of Your Event and Seek Assistance
- Create an event budget
- Locate a venue and reserve
- Create Printed Materials
- Know Event Policies & Procedures
- Plan Your Event Program
- Make Event Arrangements
- Market Your Event
- Hold Your Event
- Follow Up on Post Event Items
*Event Box- Tape, String, Zip Ties, Stapler, Clip Boards, Pens, Rubber bands, White out, Scissors, etc.
Things To Consider:
- Create a list of potential sponsors and then collect their address to formally invite them to become a sponsor of your event.
- Consider having levels of sponsorship and the perks that goes along with them.
- What type of vendors you want at your event
- Advertisement: Social Media, Online, Radio, Television, News Articles, Blogs
Book speakers as early as possible